In-Person Sunday School begins at 11am this week, September 26th!
If any of your family members are attending, you can help keep registration and sign-in flowing smoothly this week by following these steps.
Here are the details concerning the start-up of Sunday School. While we are all probably experiencing information overload as programs start up this fall, we ask that if you plan to send your children to Sunday School this year, that you please carefully read the details below.
- Sunday School will be offered to children in Preschool – Gr. 9
- This fall there will be two identical services in the main auditorium. One at 9 am and the second at 11am. Sunday School will run from 11am – 12:15pm at the same time as the 11am service. Last year, many families enjoyed and benefited from attending the Sunday School service as a family unit. This year, families are welcomed and encouraged to attend Sunday School as a family if they wish to do so.
- Those adults who wish to attend the main service while the children are engaged in Sunday School will be able to leave their children in Sunday School IF the children are in Gr.1 or older. At this time, children in SK or younger are welcome to attend but an adult must accompany them.
- Pre-Registration: All children and adults planning to attend Sunday School must pre-register weekly on Eventbrite.
- Parking: Families with children in Sunday School are encouraged to park in the south parking lot and enter and exit the building on the south side.
- Arrival: Sunday School will take place in the fellowship hall. Sunday School students and families will enter the room from the south side of the building. Attendance will be taken in the entrance way upon arrival. Hand sanitizer will be provided for all those entering the fellowship hall.
- Masking: According to government regulations, all children (and adults) in Gr. 1 and above are required to wear a properly-fitted non-medical or cloth mask while inside the building. Children younger than Gr. 1 are encouraged to wear a mask while inside the building.
- Social-Distancing: We will do our best to keep children socially distanced during Sunday School activities.
- Sunday school will begin with a large-group session that will include a short time of musical worship, a welcome activity, and a Bible lesson. After this, children and leaders will break-out into three smaller groups (Age 3 – SK, Gr. 1 – 6, and Gr. 7-9) to participate in age-specific activities that reinforce concepts taught in the large-group session.
- Seating: Parents and children and/or sibling are asked to sit together for the large-group portion of the Sunday School program.
- Curriculum: We'll be beginning a new curriculum entitled "The Gospel Project." This three year curriculum is a weekly Bible study that helps all ages dive deep into the big story of the Bible—God’s plan to rescue His people through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Dismissal: Parents are asked to meet their children in the fellowship hall immediately following the conclusion of the service to allow our volunteers to clean-up and continue with their day. Please enter the fellowship hall from the south side-only as you pick-up your children.
- This plan may be modified throughout the year depending on COVID restrictions at the time and on how well this Sunday School model is working for the students and volunteers involved.
SUNDAY SCHOOL AT HOME
If you'd like some printable activity papers for your child to work on during the live stream services, please feel welcome to print the children's activities here. Click the button to open up a new window, once you're in the new window click the print button or down arrow to download. They can be printed double-sided and folded in half.